Instead, I feel like sitting on the couch, chewing on a toothpick, staring at Duke who is staring out the front window. Other things I will do to avoid trying to get my brain into writing mode include, but are not limited to:
- Wandering around looking for something to tidy, even though I tidied like five minutes ago
- Watching more of Death in Paradise, the awesometown show I told you about earlier this week
- Staring into the cupboard, trying to will something delicious, such as an English hotdog, to appear
- Looking at my toenails and thinking “Gee, it’s springtime. I should paint these” and then going back to chewing on my toothpick, nails unpainted for the foreseeable future
- Rubbing my face in Duke and talking to him in a disturbing-wurbing type of rhyme-y nonsense voice
But, because you’re here and because it appears I’ve already mustered up a sort of half a something, I shall press on, and present to you, apropos of nothing, this photo of Duke sleeping:
P.S. If I’m still feeling this way next week I may need some inspiration. I’ve got a ton of crazy real life stories (uh, mostly about G), many a money-saving tip, and even a thought or six on travel. But sometimes I need help dragging them to the surface. What yarn can I spin for ya?